My best friend introduced me to carrot ginger soup one Sunday for lunch in San Francisco. It was delicious! I experimented at home until my replica passed the taste test.
- 4 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp mock-chicken seasoning
- 1½ tsp ginger powder
- 3-4 cups almond milk or equivalent to desired consistency
Place two sweet potatoes in oven preheated to 400 degrees F. Bake until soft.
While sweet potatoes are baking, combine remaining ingredients in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until soft.
When sweet potatoes are baked, peel and add to mixture in soup pot.
Mash well. Can also blend with a hand blender.
Add non-dairy milk (or equivalent) to desired consistency and mix until smooth. Heat through.
Pour into bowls or bread bowls. Garnish with 5-6 croutons and chives.