Here’s a chowder recipe that you won’t believe! I had to ask the chef twice about the ingredients because it was unbelievably delicious. The leeks are a great combination with the cauliflower, while the fresh chives add both color and flavor.
- 1 cauliflower (about a 2-pound size)
- 1 leek (cut in half lengthwise, slice thin, and wash thoroughly in a colander)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
- 5 cups water
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- May add 1 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning if you have some
- 4 Tbsp minced fresh chives
Pull off all outer leaves of the cauliflower.
Slice cauliflower into thin pieces.
Place sliced cauliflower into 5 cups of water. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium. Cook 15-20 minutes until soft.
While cauliflower is cooking, spray frying pan with coconut oil. Add onions and leeks. Stir over medium heat until soft. Add to cauliflower and continue to cook.
Pour a couple of cups of soup at a time into blender and process until very smooth. Pour pureed soup into a clean saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Ladle into soup bowls.
Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chives.