Ever since childhood—from about the age of nine—I have fluctuated between a reasonably healthy weight and obesity. I tried dieting and I tried exercising—but never in combination. I was confused. Why did something seem to work for a short period of time and then I was right back at square one? I also fluctuated between meat consumption and vegetarian cuisines. Eventually I basically gave up. And when that happened, my weight skyrocketed to 300 pounds—and I am between 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall, depending on which shoes I wear.
Enter the brain-based 12-week program: Longevity Lifestyle Matters (LLM). I was asked by the LLM Certified Facilitators to assist with the program, so I decided I might as well enroll. What could it hurt? Motivating factors included:
- The LLM Team were “living” the program
- An emerging understanding that the brain controls everything
- A clear recognition of the importance of mindset
Twelve months later I have learned to eat what I need—knowing that what I really want comes later in the form of a healthier lifestyle, a healthier weight, an increased risk for a longer life, and much more. What did I give up?
- A total of 110 pounds that kept me sluggish and low on energy
- My old mindset that told my brain I could eat what I wanted when I wanted
- Three prescription medications that my physician said I no longer needed
The bonus? I am more respected and appreciated by my wife, who looks at me with a new twinkle in her eye!
Camarillo, CA, USA
Owner of Show Me Videos