Pizza, the quintessential American-Italian dish, is touted by some as a major contributor to the over-weight crisis that is set to overwhelm the healthcare system at some point. Amazingly, you can get a similar taste with healthier replacement ingredients. You may be surprised how much you like this virtual pizza, so it will be important to practice portion control.
- 12 English muffin halves (or 12 slices garlic-sourdough bread if not too many holes in the slices) toasted to light brown
- 2 cups tomato sauce, preferably low sodium
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 recipe of Taylor’s Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Add more toppings, if desired (e.g., sliced artichoke hearts, mushrooms, Pine nuts, chunks of pineapple).
Heat tomato sauce in a sauce pan until hot.
Place slices of toast or English muffins on two cookie sheets.
Spread 2 Tbsp hot tomato sauce on each slice.
Divide olives among the slices. Add any other toppings as desired.
If desired, place slices/muffins in the oven preheated to 475 degrees F for five minutes and then remove.
Dribble 1 Tbsp Ranch Dressing on each slice.
Place cookie sheets of virtual pizzas on the table and enjoy.
Serve with any type of salad or soup, as desired.