As you may know, tomatoes are a member of the nightshade family. With a generational history of osteoarthritis I look for recipes that do not use tomatoes. This is a favorite of mine. I like to make it with non-wheat angel hair pasta although almost any type of pasta will do.
- 8 oz of your favorite pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen petite green peas
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 grated carrot for color
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 large white onion sliced and sautéed
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (not brewer’s yeast)
- 2 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Combine sauce ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth.
Cook pasta until tender, drain and rinse briefly with cold water
Spray large frying pan with coconut oil and place over medium-high heat. Add all the veggies and sauté until desired softness is reached.
Add cooked pasta and mix gently.
Pour in all the sauce and mix gently. Reheat as needed.
Use large tongs or spaghetti server to place portions on each plate. Enjoy.