This dessert is fast, easy, tasty, and made with Mori-Nu Silken Firm Tofu—advertised as having no preservatives, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Its listed ingredients are water, soybeans, isolated soy protein, gluconolactone (a non-dairy coagulant derived from food starch), and calcium chloride. This makes a non-dairy treat that kids and adults alike enjoy.
- 1 package Jell-O® Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk (I like Trader Joe's boxed coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp mint flavoring or 1/2 tsp real vanilla flavoring if you prefer
- 6 ounces of Mori-Nu Silken Firm Tofu
- 6 mini graham cracker tarts shells or small dessert dishes or parfait glasses
- Slices of fresh strawberries or 1 cup of Cool Whip or equivalent
Place tofu, water, and flavoring in a blender (I use my bullet blender as I lose very little of the ingredients under the blades) and whiz until very smooth.
Pour into a bowl and add package of chocolate fudge instant pudding.
Mix well. I like to use my portable electric mixer.
Fold in mini chocolate chips.
Fill tart shells nearly to the top. (If there is any filling left over, place it in a covered container in the refrigerator for later.)
Cover each filled tart shell with tin foil and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Place strawberry slices on top of the each tart or garnish with a dollop of Cool Whip (or equivalent) just before serving.
NOTE: You can refrigerate filling in the mixing bowl if you prefer not to use the mini graham cracker crusts. In this case, after the filling has refrigerated overnight, spoon filling into individual dessert dishes, arrange strawberry slices on top or garnish with a dollop of Cool Whip and serve.
You can also serve in parfait glasses, alternating spoonfuls of filling and a thin layer of Cool Whip to within one inch of the top of the glass. May garnish on top with strawberry slices, if desired.