This is my standard breakfast smoothie to boot up my brain. It is vegan, using coconut water instead of dairy products. I like coconut water because it contains potassium to help me keep my sodium-potassium balance in good order. It’s so fast and easy—especially since I got a Nutra Ninja! When I am in a hurry, this is my breakfast—with a few raw nuts chewed between sips.
- 8 oz of coconut water (I use one without any added sugar)
- 1 cup frozen fruit (I use berries)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp pea protein
- 2 Tbsp dry organic old-fashioned oatmeal (for a prebiotic)
- 1 Tbsp “green powder” (I use EnerPrime™ from IMPaX World.com). I add one packet of delta-E™ for its L-Theanine and B12 (IMPaX World.com).
- 1 slice frozen avocado (I peel, cut, and freeze avocado slices so it adds “cold”)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, if desired
- Aloe juice to come up to the 24-oz. max liquid line
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (My Nutra Ninja does this automatically. I’ve never been much of a “gadget” person but this is an exception!)
Pour into a large mug or two large glasses and enjoy.