For those who like a morning latte but are reducing use of dairy and refined sugar. My friend Flo loves this recipe.
Note: The absorbability of turmeric—which is touted as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory—may be increased by adding a Tbsp of coconut oil and a pinch of black pepper.
- 1 cup almond milk or soy milk – organic preferred
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼-½ tsp ground ginger – to taste
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup – to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, if desired
- Pinch of black pepper, if desired
Put all ingredients in sauce pan over medium. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
Heat for 3-5 minutes until hot but not boiling.
Remove from heat and serve.