Immune System Secrets and YOUR Health
What you don't know about your immune system can kill you
How long you live, and how well you live in terms of your health, has a great deal to do with your immune system. Who get sick and who gets well? There is some emerging research that can shed light on this age-old question. No, not everything can be prevented but many things can be. In general, if you get sick and if you get well, the immune system heals itself. You do have a role: you can make it easier or more difficult. Compared to several decades ago, many people now at least know they have an immune system but many still don't understand much about it.
Studies from the field of Psychoneuroimmunology or PNI have shown bidirectional linkages between the brain, the immune system, and the endocrine system, along with a variety of health and wellness implications of these linkages. A connection between cancer and angiogenesis, along with foods that are considered to be anti-angiogenetic, has been revealed. In fact, the daily operations of your brain and immune system are an ongoing "star wars" saga. Unlocking the secrets of immune-brain communication can help you design a healthier lifestyle.
This seminar is designed to present information related to immune system function and help to differentiate between wishful thinking and exciting new study conclusions. It includes study conclusions from Dr. Andrew Li's work. Director of the Angiogenesis Foundation, Dr. Li has directed his research toward what could be added to one's diet to starve cancer cells and reduce both angiogenesis and tumor metastasis. The seminar also addresses:
- Which Immune System component is often "lost"
- Suppressors and strengtheners
- The "star-wars" battles the immune system wages
- Examples of immune system failures
- What the immune system was designed to do for you
- How to "thump your thymus"
The complete seminar can be presented in four 50-minute sections (although specific sections can be presented separately in 50 minutes each):
- Meet Your Amazing Immune System - learn about the science of Psychoneuroimmunology PNI and how the organs of your immune system interact with the brain and body
- Brain-Immune Balance - learn what can result from hypo or hyper immune system function
- Brain-Immune Friendly Lifestyle - learn a baker's dozen strategies to live a lifestyle that can strengthen functioning of the brain and body
- Never Fear Cancer Again - learn what triggers the growth of new blood vessels to feed a tumor, how metastasis occurs, and the types of foods that have been found to have an anti-angiogenesis impact on the growth of tumors and metastasis.
People who are interested in learning more about their brain-immune connection including immune system function in easy-to-understand language.
At the conclusion of the seminar, participants should be able to:
- List six immune system organs and their function
- State two examples of a hypo and a hyper misfunction of the immune system
- List six components of a brain-immune healthy lifestyle
- Describe briefly how tumors develop and how angiogenesis makes them grow
- State two conclusions from the research of Dr. William Li related to foods and angiogenesis
Brain Function Specialist, Realizations Inc