Taylor's Cranberry Sauce
One of my grandmother's specialties was cranberry sauce. I like a fresh, fruity taste so I've made a variation of her cranberry sauce at least once or twice at year for holiday meals for years.
- 2 packages raw cranberries (thaw if frozen)
- 1 large navel seedless orange
- ½ - sweetener (sugar, honey, Xylitol, real Maple Syrup)
- 1½ cups water
Step 1 - Raw portion
- Wash naval orange and cut into 6-8 pieces (do not peel). Place in a blender.
- Add 1 cup raw cranberries.
- Add ½ cup water.
Blend until smooth. Set aside.
Step 2 - Cooked portion
Combine in a large saucepan:
- 1 cup water
- All remaining raw cranberries
Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Add blended raw portion and mix well. Allow to cool completely.
Refrigerate in a covered container for several hours before serving.
Can be placed in smaller containers and frozen. Thaw as needed.
Pour cooled or thawed sauce into a serving dish and place on the table.