Several people have asked if there is a recipe that combines potatoes, veggies, and Egg Beaters® so that you only need one main casserole. Here's the recipe I use.
- 2 cups of shredded cooked potatoes (can use frozen shredded potatoes for hashbrowns but let them thaw first)
- 1 cup Bisquick® gluten-free mix (or other all purpose baking mix --if you don't need gluten-free)
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 cups sliced or diced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 medium zuccini squash, shredded
- 1 cup asparagus, cut in ½ pieces
- 1 small can diced mild Ortega green chilies (if desired)
- 8 ounces Egg Beaters® (or egg whites or the equivalent in whole eggs if you can eat them)
- 1 Tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Turn on oven and pre-heat to 400° F.
Carmelize the onions or use them raw, if desired.
Spray frying pan with oilive oil. Put in chopped mushrooms. Cook and over medium heat, stirring periodically, until dry.
Mix everything together (except Egg Beaters and Almond milk) in a large bowl.
Add Egg Beaters and Almond milk and mix.
Spray 9 x 13 x 2 inch casserole dish with oilive oil. Pour everything into the casserole.
Place in oven and immediately turn heat down to 350° F. Bake for 60 minutes uncovered until toothpick comes out clean and top is slighty browned.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to set.
Cut into eight pieces and lift out onto plates. Serves eight.
May serve with Catsup of choice.
Serve with fruit of choice and slices of toasted raisin bread.