- ¼ cup non-wheat flour (millet, spelt, etc)
- ¼ cup oat flour (can make in the blender using old-fashioned oats)
- ¼ cup garbanzo flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (almond, rice, coconut)
- ½ cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup egg whites or egg replacer
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- ½ cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
Place flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix together.
Place non-dairy milk, applesauce, egg whites / replacer, chia seeds, and vanilla. Mix well.
Pour in the flour mix, a little at a time, and whisk until all combined.
Place a large nonstick (PFOA-free) skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with coconut oil.
Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the heated skillet/griddle for each pancake.
Turn when one side is fully cooked and browned (about 2-3 minutes). If making several batches, you may place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet in the oven preheated to 200°F oven to keep warm.
Place berries and applesauce in a saucepan and heat through over low-medium heat. May add ¼ cup of water to get desired consistency, if desired.
Place pancakes on individual plates.
Top with warm berry-applesauce mix.
May also sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of trail mix for variety.