Words are choices. Use words to sustain your important relationships. Here are five A's:
- Attention - Pay attention to opportunitites to saying something kind and uplifting
- Appreciation - Say "thank you" more often
- Asking - As in "What can I do to help?"
- Affection - People rarely get tired of hearing "You're the best," etc
- Affirm - As in building up and encouraging, as in being a one-person cheering section
(Urban, Hal. Positive Words, Powerful Result. p 84-86. NY: Fireside Book, 2004).