This side dish can be served with almost any type of casserole.
- 8 oz firm tofu, mashed
- 2 large white onions, sliced thin
- 2 tsp mock-chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garlic (crushed, powder, or granules)
- Pepper to taste, if desired
Spray large frying pan with coconut oil and place over medium heat.
Add sliced onions. Sprinkle on chicken seasoning, garlic, and pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently until soft and caramelized.
Add mashed tofu, turmeric, and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Cook and stir until tofu is hot and blended with caramelized onions. All liquids should be absorbed.
Pour into a serving dish.
Use as its own side dish or place a spoonful or two on top of each serving of Southwest Casserole.
It can be used on top of burgers, as well.