My friend Barbara made this one Sunday morning while I was visiting in North Carolina. It was delicious and a great way to use leftover broccoli or cauliflower or thawed frozen mixed vegetables. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten-free Bisquick® or gluten-free baking mix, such as Bob's Red Mill
- 1 Tbsp finely ground corn meal or polenta
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (e.g., almond or rice milk)
- 1½ cups egg whites or Egg Beaters®
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups veggies, left overs or frozen (thawed)
- ½ cup chopped cashews or other type of nuts, as desired
- 1 can water chestnuts drained and chopped, if desired
- 1 Tbsp mock chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp Italian or other seasoning, if desired
- ½ tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
Pour into a casserole dish sprayed with coconut oil.
Bake in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes or a bit longer until brown on top.
Let sit for five minutes and then spoon out onto plates.
Goes well with cut fresh fruit....